Via Verde achieved LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for its innovative environmentally responsible design.
- Designed to achieve LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council and to exceed the NYSERDA and Enterprise Green Communities guidelines for environmental responsibility.
- Estimated to be over 30% more energy efficient than a standard building.
- Over 20% recycled materials used in construction.
- Over 20% of building materials were locally manufactured, minimizing transportation energy and supporting the local economy.
- Over 80% of construction and demolition waste was recycled.
- Rooftop gardens dissipate heat and absorb rainwater runoff while providing opportunities for active gardening, fruit and vegetable cultivation, relaxation and social gathering.
- Storm water reclamation system recycles water for irrigation.
- Motion sensors in stairways and corridors conserve electricity.
- Building-integrated photovoltaic panels produce electricity from the sun’s energy.
- Green cleaning materials are used throughout the building.
- Landscaped courtyard, green roofs, a fitness center, and day-lit stairs provide opportunities for physical fitness.
- EnergyStar appliances.
- Energy-efficient lighting.
- Panoramic, high-efficiency windows.
- Natural cross ventilation in all duplex apartments.
- Low VOC materials improve air quality.
- Super-sealed insulation.
- Water-conserving fixtures.